As businesses realize the essential nature of having a strong presence on mobile platforms when dealing with today's consumers, demand for developing mobile Apps increases accordingly. Once companies have made the decision to inquire about developing a mobile App for their business, the most common first question they have is "how much will it cost?"
Of course, the mobile app development cost depends on various factors, including features, complexity, location, and other variables. In addition to cost, there are a lot of other parameters that should be considered in mobile app development.
Ninehertz, a smartphone application development company, recently gathered the information from various sources and prepared an informative infographic to illustrate the unique process of mobile app development, pricing, development time, and other factors that influence total development cost.
Among the key assertions:
- It nearly takes 18 weeks to completely build and publish a native mobile app.
- If the mobile app development charges are considered on an hourly basis, then it differs according to the mobile platform i.e Android or iOS as well as the region (US, UK, India, Australia etc).
- The cost of developing a mobile app also varies according to the required features, rates per hour, level of expertise etc.
- A small app cost around $3000-$8000, whereas a high featured app cost nearly $50,000-$150,000.
- Due to the complex functionality and challenges, Gaming app usually costs higher than the other types of apps, probably between $10,000-$250,000.
- By the end of 2017, the total annual mobile app revenue is expected to cross 76.52 billion, which was only 18.56 billion US dollars in the year 2012.
- Currently, there are 1.6 and 1.5 million apps in Android play store and iOS app store respectively.